This Page

has been moved to new address

Why I Walk

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Robinsbite: Why I Walk

Friday, August 26, 2011

Why I Walk

Walking is a daily thing around here-thanks to our two large Labradors, Bo (age 6) and Charlie (age 3). Without their exercise, they are completely bonkers--pacing, panting, nudging, paw on laptop, crying--bonkers. The responsibility is mine and one that I see as dual in purpose--the dogs get exercise and I do, too.  


Charlie (left) and Bo. Could you say no to this? 

The device below is enough to get me to push myself to make my walk into a workout. You see, I'm what some call competitive (only with myself, no need to worry). If I can make those numbers climb to the 6, 7, 8 or 900's when walking the dogs, I'm satisfied. Every now and then, I've been known to break into a light jog--to which I'm sure the dogs find hilarious. Me + Running = hilarious


Best Mother's Day Gift Ever-my Omron pedmoter

While the excuses could be many--it's 100 degrees, it's raining, I'm tired, etc. etc., they do not work for the dogs. It's time I cherish with them as, like many dogs, they were my first children before my child was born. Our animals are members of our family-we celebrate their birthday/adoption days, they are in our family photos and we can't imagine life without them. We do our best to let them know how much love and comfort they bring to us each day. 

As I write this, I can't help but remember this image...


Hawkeye, there is no question how much love and comfort you brought to your soilder every day.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home